Ruth Ward (DSM, DRSM)
Welcome to Tylino. I’m Ruth, a bike riding, marathon training and heavy(ish) stuff lifting massage therapist. With an injury or two over the years, I’ve seen first-hand the benefit that massage therapy can have.
I qualified with a Diploma of Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy from the Scottish Massage School in November 2018. I’m here to help ease your muscular aches and pains, get you back to full action following injury or generally keep you in top form for whatever activity you enjoy doing.
Sports and remedial massage is not just for the sporty, no no! I’m here to treat every body that comes my way. You might be a competitive sportsperson, someone who enjoys a daily dog walk, a green fingered gardener or a desk bound computer user. Everyone can benefit from massage therapy.
Each person treated at Tylino will be welcomed just the same. We’ll go through a full consultation to find out a wee bit more about any niggles, injuries, medical conditions etc. Various assessments will be conducted to help establish any points of pain or discomfort and also your range of movement. From there, we can discuss aims of the treatment and how best to achieve these.
If you have any questions at all about your massage treatment then please just give me a shout. I'd be happy to chat things through before your appointment.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Quick Fire 'About Me' Questions
- Ride or run? Ride on sunny days on quiet roads. Run in any weather on the trails
- Roadie or mountain bike? Used to be all about the mountain bike but getting sensible in my old age, and, also self employed, it’s more roadie these days
- Running for speed or distance? All about the distance for me and I’m never going to be speedy
- Most memorable bike ride? Mnt Ventoux from Bedoin
- Most memorable run? North Ireland's North Antrim Coast
- What are you training for just now? Belfast Marathon 2021 (should have been 2020 but covid-19 put an end to that)
- Sock of choice? Hillys Twin Skin
- Shoes of choice? Nike Pegasus and Brooks Cascadia
- Pre run/ride breakfast? Homemade rice pudding with banana and peanut butter or if I’m not prepared with that then it’s a mountain of cereal.
- On the go run/ride fuel? High5 Aqua gels, cheddar cheese, flapjack.
- Post ride or run feast? Skimmed milk with Crusha, cheese and coleslaw bagel, pizza or curry.
- Carb loading meal? Paste with tomato sauce and hundreds of parmesan
- Plant based, veggie or carnivore? Mostly veggie but the odd bit of chicken or peperoni creeps in now and again.
- Ideal weekend? In the van, exploring the wilds of Scotland, with Mr Tylino and Elfyn the dog, eating all the cheese and listening to electronic tunes.
- Who is your side kick? Elfyn, our welsh terrier. He’s a dude.
- A saying that has always stuck with you? Make your body an instrument not an ornament – Ross Edgley during his swim around Great Britain